View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My MS essay rough draft

Give me your openions. This is just my rough draft. It is suppose to be a discriptive essay.

A Christmas I would never forget
By: Brandon Wall

I started out early this Friday morning feeling all the excitement that comes at Christmas time. The drive is long but easy. I take I57 to I80 just north of Kankakee and head towards Joliet. I was going there to visit my girlfriend and her parents for the holiday and to bring my girlfriend back with me for the holiday. Our plans were to shop all day Saturday and then on Sunday, Christmas Eve, we were going to wrap presents and go to a large family gathering that night.

I hadn’t been feeling up to par the last few weeks, have some numbness in my hands and being very tired. Saturday I work up anticipating the big day. However, when I got out of bed, I noticed extreme weakness on my right side. When I tried to talk I couldn’t, I was slurring my words. I called home and tried to talk to my mother, and she told me to go to the nearest emergency room. I had all the symptoms of a stroke.

The emergency room doctor immediately sent me for a CT scan. It felt like we waited for ever for the doctor to come back in. Finally, the doctor came in and said the CT scan did not come back good. He said it appeared I had suffered many ministrokes, and that I wasn’t allowed to leave. So much for shopping.

I had a really bad night. The guy in the room with me snored and talked all night long. An MRI of the head was ordered, and early that Sunday morning they performed the MRI. As soon as the results were in, a neurologist named Dr. Kannon, came in and he wanted me to come with him in privet to look at the MRI results. He showed me the pictures from the test, and pointed out 14 gray matter spots on my brain. He then told me I am not going to go nowhere till we know why they are there. Well, so much for Christmas Eve.

Back to the room I go with the man talking in his sleep. I made friends with one of the nurses. She took a real interest in me and I think felt bad for me having to spend Christmas in the hospital. She went and worked some things around and got me my own privet room. Christmas morning and I sure got a present I didn’t want. The report said there were three things that this could be.
1) Infection
2) Cancer of the brain
3) Multiple Sclerosis

Now comes my present. I get a 23.5 inch long needle put in my lower back. Guess what, it didn’t work. So the doctor tries a 25 inch one, and it went right into my spine. Boy did that hurt! After that I had more testing to be done. Another MRI and a torso scan. Well so much for Christmas day.
My favorite nurse was on duty that Tuesday. She was really “cool” and helped keep my sprit up. That day I got 3 more MRI’s of my entire spine. This took nearly 4 hours and I was nearly insane. As soon as the report was back, my doctor came in and said infection and cancer have been ruled out. This left me with the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis, and a 2006 Christmas I would never forget. I was upset of course. I was 24 years old and a rather bleak future to look forward to.

Last edited by brandonwall; 06-25-2008 at 11:49 PM.
brandonwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (06-26-2008), D_HOLLAND (06-25-2008), GladysD (06-25-2008), SandyC (06-25-2008)