View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I will try to make myself as clear as I can be which at times is a bit foggy I guess.

To make any remarks about another disease when fighting for one in particular is like saying mine is bigger than yours. It won't work to your advantage and will irritate hundreds who have other diseases that are in their way as serious and as debilitating as the one you are advocating for.

You need all of US that have CANCER to be on your side as well as those of US who have had Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the family for two generations and have faced years of Aquirred Immune Deficiency Disease before it's enevitable ending of my grandsons life.

We all need to band together and not make comparisons of what initiated the diseases or what the prognosis is for it nor even what was the initial happening that brought it about.

They exist and that is cause enough to annialate them. sp

Although the knowledge of the underlying cause can and in all probability will help in the cure it is not what one person did or didn't do that we have to speak of.

We need to speak of the diseases......................... Parkinson's .....Alzheimers....Als.......Cancer.........

Rush spoke and the world listened and but will they act. The next election will tell if they have been listening but will it bring forth Stem Cell research is another matter.

I am going to say this and may get booted out of here for it but what the hay.

When you write to anyone and try to tell them about Parkinson's if you resort to your own personal situation and try telling the personal saga of the disease you are going to find they will soon tire of it.

Mike can do it because he is a star of movies and tv. People feel they know him and they will care for his story. They won't for yours or mine. Sounds harsh I know but that is the way it is and if you chose to fight for the cure then you have to accept the fact that it will not be easy and you don't have any new message to get across.

It has been said over and over again by so many and the world has stopped listening save to the news personalities and such.

We as the people have only the value of the masses on our sife. In the petition even when we gloated that over 20,000 had signed it wasn't enough and we were constantly saying the same thing over and over and over again esplaining and defending our action.

When I look back remarkably now it was to the same people again and again.

The ones out there who oppose the reserch are as an endless line that we will never ever get to think as we do. Not as I do but as we do.

Our cause in the cure is endless as well but if we are ever going to succeed it has to be as MJF is doing. Bringing people the face of Parkinsons but not with the look at me how I suffer and what I have to do to exist but with the face of this is me and this is the result of Parkinson's. A disease that can be helped with YOUR help.

You out there with Cancer and you out there with Als and YOU out there who at this time have nothing wrong with you,

WE want to help YOU and all that exist today or will come later if WE don't succeed.

Support Stem Cell Research and give it a run for the health of US all.

ps
Nothing I say is personal to anyone it is my opinion and as such sometimes worthy and sometimes useless. Just as long as it is heard is okay with me.
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote