View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I normally really love to exercise. I have found that it lifts my spirits and helps with weight loss.

I have had various on and off problems related to exercise myself. For a period of time, I had very bad pain in my ankles. I found that Naproxen really helped and if I find that I have even a little pain, I switched to the elliptical machine until it passes.

Recently, I'm having some issues with pelvic pain. So, I'm forced to skip days and can't exercise daily.

I do know that I was never one to really acclimate appropropriately or expectedly to exercise. I recall that when I first started, it was almost an impossible ordeal. I had to take Motrin afterwards and long baths. A few times, I even went and got a massage! Many times, I had to take naps. I was stubbornly determined to make it through all of this. However, even today, if I miss too many days, I find that it is a big deal to get back "in" the game. I have to take it very slow, but I'm willing to do this because I do enjoy it in my own way.

I agree with what the other posters have indicated. I do believe it is VERY important to "listen" to our bodies. If you did not get a good night's rest the night before, you might want to cut back. Drink PLENTY of water. I drink the Smart Water. Take a multi-vitamin mineral supplement. I'm going to check out what Mrs. D said re: the Acetyl-l-carnitine. In addition, I'm not sure I always get enough magnesium. I do believe that when we get older and when we are on medications, we can suffer nutrient depletions and this only makes things worse.

Please do whatever you can to strengthen your reserve so that you can exercise...but at the same time...listen to your body. BTW, it seems to me that an hour a day is plenty! Perhaps you can stop where you are. You might want to ask your doctor what he or she thinks. Maybe after a period of time, you can experiment with going a little faster.
Best wishes.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (07-08-2008)