View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I often take paracetamol with codeine when I go to bed, which helps for a few hours at least. Just paracetamol doesn't even touch my pain either. My nerve block is starting to wear off too, but I have to wait another month before I can get it done again!
I don't really have any advice regarding the sleeping, because I don't sleep very well myself! lol I wake often in the night, with pain but mostly with dizzniess when I turn over in bed. I can't sleep on my back because I can't stand pressure on the back of my head/neck. I use 3 pillows, but they are just ordinary soft pillows. Probably not the right sort, but they are comfortable.
~Jaime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs View Post
Hello all

I just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on simple and effective pain relief for the short term until I have the injections next week?

I have tried things like paracetamol, but they don't seem to have any effect on me

My other question is about sleeping..............I get off to sleep okay generally, but get woken up by the pain in my head and occipital nerves. I think it's when I move about in my sleep and end up in awkward positions. I have tried an orthopedic pillow, but this seems too hard to be comfortable, and I don't know if there are alternatives I'm sticking with the orthopedic pillow at the moment - but any other ideas would be welcomed.

thanks again

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote