Thread: High Drug Level
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Sue.

I wouldn't really be extremely worried about Keppra mainly because it varies (as far as reactions to it) by person. It took me about two months to properly adjust to it (a few weeks of randomly laughing or crying) but now I'm doing better. Granted, it does nothing for my seizures that originate within my parietal (not partial, Julie - *giggles*) lobe.

I believe they are going to take me off of it soon due to lack of seizure control, but I am one of those 'special' people (my mom wasn't kidding when she called me special) who simply do not react well with any AED. My larger seizures (drops) have nearly vanished and I do believe the Keppra is what is controlling them, it is my smaller somasenasomething (I don't feel like spelling it right, right now) seizures that aren't under control.

While Keppra is famous for causing some mood disturbances, from my understanding per my epileptologist - it does the least harm to your body (physically).

Anything is worth a shot if it brings you comfort, is the way I look at it. I hate being a labrat but try to accept it has to be done. Maybe I'm saving a rat!!

I do worry that your levels were so high considering you've been taking this so long. Do they frequently test your levels?

I was trying to search the net for anyone else who may have had a jump in levels after prolonged usage but I'm having no such luck. I did find this regarding the Mysoline:

Quote:
Toxic symptoms are symptoms experienced when the blood Mysoline level is too high. Toxic symptoms can include excessive drowsiness, staggering or slurred speech.
I know it's not much, but it's somethin'! I'll keep hunting.
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote