View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Idas, you said your mil was on hospice care. Are there any hospice programs where they would take the mil's social security check for payment?

Not sure if that makes sense it is late here.

Here we have what is called Nathan Adelson hospice. When my bil was in his final stages of cancer he was admitted to hospice and all they charged was what he got from soc security. It was a really nice place to stay and they took great care of him. He was a sweet patient though.

I took care of my mil for just a month after her heart surgery and my biggest fear was that I would have to take care of her long term later in life. SHe wasn't very nice and thats all I have to say about that LOL

Maybe try social services and ask for any help you can get. I feel for ya, I really do. ...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote