View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes71 View Post
I am gathering info to help a four year old who had arachnoid cyst fenestration at 1 yr., burr holes at 2 yrs., shunt at 3yrs. I want to know what deficits she may encounter, what to anticipate her needs will be. I want to know from someone who has been there. Thanking you in advance . .
To irisheyes71,
My arachnoid cyst was discovered at the age of five after a lose of balance and other symptoms at which time i had a shunt put in and it's been in now for 25 years. In this time i have had next to no trouble or effects from this op. or condition....My shunt was lenghtined at the age of 12 and so far created no problems. I have lived a normal life and been involved in many sports etc. that may have tested the shunt & cyst. I have been to the doctors on some occasion's due to headache's and some minor symptoms to be told all is well. This is my experience with the condition and i can't say if it is consistant with other peoples experience, but hopefully the young lady in question has a full and enjoyable life. All the Best
Brad77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
irisheyes71 (06-26-2008)