View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My reply..

Hi Chasmo, you say that overall you are happy with the job that Bush has done? Are you kidding me?? He has strung us along on this facade of Iraq for yet still unknown reasons. Saddam did not have WMD. Was it to avenge the job his father didn't finish? I don't know. I dare say that you would face those some 3,000 families who have lost a loved one not to mention the thousands that are in hospitals around our country and say " it was a learning experience." How dare you. As for Sen. McCain, He shows all of the more of the same that has us where we are. I don't deny that we have a worldwide obligation to those who are subjugated. I was trying to point out that we have billions going overseas while our own country is going down the river-It really is. Where were these concerns for others and the need to spread "democracy" when Rawanda was taking place, or the other areas of ethnic cleansing. At least when the Nazi's were killing the Jews the world was not as far advanced as CNN, HNN and the others that bring it right to the living room where you cannot deny what is going on. So I don't see how we can justify going into Iraq but not the other spots. Let the people see what the taliban, etc are doing to their country. Then you won't have to fight them, guess what? The people will do it! As for the rest of my post I was trying to point out how absurdly blind the automakers are to the consumer-do you think oil is ever- ever going to be below 2.50 a gallon? The consumer wants alternative fuel sources not some behmouth V8. The funny thing is we won't care who's label is on it or if its written in English or not. If it works, well that's it. And before you go jumping up and down about buying American. We don't make anything, we import it. And the car makers brought it on themselves. Finally big oil. Despite what they say, do you think that they're really working that hard to develop other fuels? Brazil is almost completely off of oil, really! But we can't figure it out? We've got this country run by an oil family that wants to drill in ANWAR. For what? Oil that won't help us for some 5-10 years down the road?? Not that the Dems would likely do better given the way things have a way of changing once you get to where the deals have to be made, etc. But it's time that the big companies and President Bush wake up and smell what they're shoveling. The problem is that this never affects them, just the little guy.
(spit).

Oh, by the way I have seen my post op-MRI's. My neuro was trained at The Cleveland Clinic so I have confidence in him. As for the targeting, that is always a question but we have not been through enough of the settings to determine that yet. I think he is progressing very slowly to be honest. I don't have a tremor and that is a good signal for targeting so they had to locate the leads based on feedback from my motor function alone. I don't know the percentage of patients who actually go drug free after DBS. I did not know that it was only 10%, maybe you can share that info, it's much lower than I expected. Thanks for you comments/input. Your ball....
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gaykir (06-26-2008)