View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I saw Dr. Kim - NeuroSurgeon & Professor @ Baylor. He seemed good. I did feel he understood TOS, which is a first for me to experience.

I went in with my 60 page medical history, typed timeline of dr visits, list of symptoms, colored in that body diagram thing, mri/xrays, etc..

He said I have vascular and neurological TOS. He said they'd probably need to do surgery to relieve the pressure on the arteries/nerves. I asked about other types of pt or something that might help and he said it sounds like I've tried and it hasn't helped.

I had a better feeling from him than Dr. Azizzadeh. Dr. A was like surgery...no problem. Dr. Kim told me he had done over 100 tos surgeries and, with Dr. Kline, studied the outcomes of the patients. He said that about 60% see some improvement after surgery and about 5% feel they shouldn't have had the surgery. He did NOT paint a rosy picture of it. More the opposite, which fits in better with what I've been reading.

He wants me to see a vascular surgeon he works with and has done cooperative TOS surgeries with (Dr. Tam Huynh @ Baylor http://www.debakeydepartmentofsurger...lty&fac_pk=183). I guess I better write up a list of questions for her. It seems little time, SOOOO many questions.

So basically it's function/live with the symptoms or surgery.
colleen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (06-26-2008), Jomar (06-30-2008)