View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayoKay View Post
Idas, we're not all sweetness and light.

sometimes we're totally honest about our various pains and exhaustions, but we just try not to focus solely on that, as it drags a body down.

but I DO know exactly how you feel, I think.

my case was similar, except the complainer/kvetcher was my mom's husband.

my mom had a paralyzing stroke in 1995, and her husband was too disabled with arthritis to be her caregiver.

so, my sister and I traded off days, driving 3 hours each way from my home in the foothills, so Mom could stay in her own home, (after her 2 months of nursing-home and rehab.)

her husband watched us like hawks, counted the medicines, checked to be sure we weren't eating his food, and complained constantly about odd things like the settings on his stereo and TV (we never touched them) and it got so bad he would LOCK his bedroom door when going out...

and he would also slam doors, and yell at us, and nitpick constantly...

also, he didn't actually DO any of the washing, or feeding, or diapering, or bed-making, but would always STAND there and point out how we were doing it wrong.

it was very stressful, and exhausting for all of us, and I ended up in tears many times.

after my mom saw how he was treating us for a whole year, she divorced her husband, and we moved in to do the hospice care for the next two years.

I'm really glad we got to have all that time with Mom, looking back, but I remember how hard it was, and I shudder.

I have multiple sclerosis, and am fully disabled, which is why I didn't have to work, and could care for my mom.

hang in there Idas, breathe deep, and pray for calm and patience... it helps.
Thank you for sharing your story,
Somehow it is comforting to know that others understand how I feel. Idas
Idas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote