View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default R.A and Crohn's disease

I do not know what to do at this point? I just found out today that I have RA in my spine. In my C spine for sure. I am going to be needing more tests.

I have at CD since around 8 years of age. Back pain started in around 2000. Lots of problems with my lumbar, spinal stinosis, and Spondy. My C spine, also stinosis, and bulging, herneations(sp is awful tonight, sorry all)

Now, today I get a call from the Spine Clinic, and my tests came back RA! I wanted to throw up. I have no idea what this all means. With having both CD and RA, plus my other spine problems. I am 32 years old. I am so scared. I know that might sound dumb being so scared. But this was not expected at all.

I have arthrites in my hips, I have for years. Has or could that been RA? Could my CD, like sort of hid the RA? I just feel lost. They will not do surgery. Said they cannot do it. I got no reason why.
That is why I went in for the first place, to see for surgery for my lumbar. But then, more and more tests where coming up. Never going through this before, thought it was all normal. Never in my life thinking something else came up. And they started looking into that, the RA.

Do Autoimmune Diseases go together like this?

I did do some searching all ready on the internet. Found some really good sites that explain RA. Just need some support right now. To get this out of my thoughts.

Thanks,
Megs
MeganLyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote