Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new member

Hi my name is Cheryl and I just joined today. I was a member of brain talk about 3-4 years ago. I mostly lurked on child neurology. I have 3 daughters, ages 14, 12 and 8. My 8 year old has severe cognitive and physical disabilities, including epilepsy. On July 25 my 12 year old had her first seizure, a grand mal. She was at a girl scout camp and I wasn't with her. She had subsequent testing, normal MRI, abnormal EEG. After the sleep deprived EEG, while we were still at the hospital, she was having petite mal seizures. This continued till we got home and she went to bed. She was diagnosed with epilepsy, having grand mal, absence and complex partial seizures. She was put on Lamictal and hasn't got the rash or anything. I am not sure if she is still having seizures, she wakes up with bruises and says certain body parts hurt. She is VERY tired. She is just today on 100 mg in the am and 100 mg in the pm. I guess my questions are: should she have a medical I.D. bracelet? I have been thinking about that especially because she had a grand mal with no warning. Also, is there a letter to school or some sort of plan we devise that explains her and what the plan would be if she would have a seizure? Thanks Cheryl
triplettcl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote