View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Frustrated

I don't know how else to describe how I feel other than frustrated. I have had shooting / buring pains off and on in my left wrist/hand for a few months now..I do a lot of computer work and thought that it was carpal tunnel. The last few weeks it has been worse so I was wearing a brace and trying to use it less then it began hurting so bad I couldn't function, I have a high pain tolerance and was just in tears it hurt so bad. So I scheduled a Dr. apt. a few hours before my apt my arm lower arm and hand got very cold and turned blue...this lasted for 4 hours then it warmed up for a few and went cold again...it does this constantly now. The Dr. tried somethings then sent me to ER to make sure it wasn't a bloodclot...6 hours and some tests later they said no clot probably RSD and sort of explained it to me...told me to follow up with my primary MD. I did that, they ran a bunch more tests bloodwork etc, still waiting for a few of the results but the Dr. said he really thinks this is what it is, that this is the only thing that accounts for everything...as I sit here my hand and wrist on fire I am in disbelieve...I didn't injure myself like I read about most...yet it swells and burns and freezes and just hurts like nuts. They currently just have me taking a lot of ibprofen and some vicoden for night when it's really bad...sometimes it works other times i scream and cry because i can't get it to stop no matter what i do...when it's really cold nothing can touch it without me yanking it away. Is there anyone else here who has this but never had an onset injury? I don't know if I accept this or get a 3rd opinion. I don't know if it will get worse, or better or spread or...I don't know.. sorry for ranting but I don't know what else to do...I'm hoping that I can find some answers, some help by learning more, talking with others. i have to stop now, it's going cold again.
snickers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote