Thread: Wish me luck!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i did it!

i won!!! when i met with my lawyer before he said i had a 50/50 chance.... so we went in and the judge was way nice... he started asking me basic questions... when i got hurt... what stopped me from working in order i.e. pain, depression, mobility... that's when i started crying... then my lawyer just pretty much asked me questions going over my rsd history... like if i tried this med, or this one, and how the blocks worked...what kind of work i had done before... i'm crying threw all of this... then the judge asks the lady who's like the opposition or whatever "hypothetically, if i were to look for a job where i needed to take breaks when i ever i needed to lay down for approx. 3 hours, would i be able to find one?" and she was like nope. and that was pretty much it. then he was like i see u wanted to be a nurse and i was like ya, and he was like well when u become one please write us and let us know. then we left and my lawyer gave me a hug and was like u were perfect!

so i get like both disability/social security, state and federal, however that works... then i'll be able to get medicare and medical, and back pay from june'04, and i can work part time and not get either check deducted, then like free school i think he said.

i'm soooo stoked! it feels so good to finaly win a battle!!! my friends have a show tonight so i'm going out to see them and celebrate!!!!