View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Of course I can't medically evaluate what you posted, but I know that floating helps relieve pressure all over your body and reduces defensive muscle spasms (like in the sacroiliac joint). If you can get to a comfortably warm (not hot!!!) pool, spa, hot tub, floatation tank, or even large enough bathtup to float, like a Jacuzzi, it would be worth a try. If you don't have a hot tub, maybe a friend or neighbor would be willing to help you out. I hesitate to suggest or use a public pool because by law they use a lot of chlorine, not too good for our PN.

Gentle micro-electric stimulation, like from a TENS unit or ReBuilder across the painful area can provide a lot of pain relief and promotes healing.

If the area feels hot (maybe hubby can tell you), cold packs would relieve the inflammation and reduce pain. Try 20 minutes of cold, 20 of gentle warmth or room temperature, followed by 20 more of cold. Repeat as often as you want to.

If the area doesn't feel warm, warm packs can relax the muscles. Don't get it too hot. You can actually harm the tissues without feeling pain with too much heat. You can use warm packs or heating pads for long periods of time if they provide relief.

Professional athletes often alternate heat and cold for an hour or two to relieve pain and promote blood flow and healing. Just be gentle with this.

In my experience and from all I've read, if it feels good, relieves pain during and after, and isn't toxic (like many or most drugs), it is healing.

Hang in there Billye. You are my hero and inspiration.

Last edited by Wing42; 10-26-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Wing42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote