View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Specific Questions To Ask The Doc??

Hello Everyone!! I want to give a big Thank You to everyone that took there time, and responded to my last post "How Fast Can RSD Spread"? I really appreciate everyones responses and advice!! Means alot to me!!

Anyhow since my post, I have been doing some what better...Still am expierencing the burning/stinging/shock like sensations here and there all over my body, but the pain doesnt seem as intense as it was a couple of days ago...

So, I see my Neuro-Pain Dr this comming Mon...I am curious to what I should ask him as in certain or specific questions regarding my RSD case...I know a few people had mentioned if Ive ever had blocks done..The answer is no..Is this something I should mention to him? When I was was diagnosed with RSD back in the end of August, he put me on steriods for 5 days (dont take them anymore), Neurontin 300 mg every 6 hrs, Ketamine 5%/Lidocaine20% compound to apply twice daily, and physical therapy with the Fluidotherapy sessions...Blocks were mentioned by him, if the Neurontin and therapy wouldnt work...Do you think that I should ask him about a different med, antidepressants ect?? I have read that many ppl with RSD take antidepressants, at this time I do not..Yes, I have more mood swings then I ever normally did before being diagnosed!

Any suggestions from anyone out there that had ideas of what to ask my Dr I would appreciate..My b/f is going with me to the appt so he can talk to and ask questions to the Dr as well...He wants to hear first hand what the Dr suggests ect...He has been very supportive and wants to get more involved with my RSD case...I am very thankful for this, the support I have from him, helps me so much!

I am hoping that the burning/stinging/shock like sensations are nothing, that possibly could be a side effect from the Neurontin or just something simple...All I know is I never had anything like this before happen to me...I will know more when I get to the Dr..Cant wait till Mon, thats for sure...Will feel alot more relieved when I find out for sure what is going on with me!!

Take care all, and thanks again!! Your a great bunch!!

--Heidi
hideej76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote