View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I gave up explaining it to my family. Number one they dont care. Number two they dont want to understand, and number three, I would be happier if they just left me alone.

For those that dont know, my family is looney tunes! I have a drug addicted sister, a mother who sells her prescriptions to my sister. A bible thumper bro who refuses to talk to or help with mom, and another brother who is such a germ o phobe if you have a cold he wants you to eat off paper plates around him so he wont accidentally get that plate next time he eats. My dad died from alcohol abuse years ago but he was the ring leader of this bunch of liars, theives, misfits, and freaks. I left home when I was 15 because I was tired of being molested, beaten, and abused. I went on to get my master degree, and make a great life for myself. This of course to them meant that I was sitting on a mountain of money and was refusing to share it with them. The only time they ever call is to tell me what kind of trouble they are in, or to beg me to help with my crazy abusive mother. So, when they call and pretend to care I always say "I am great! how bout you?" They then want to argue about me being great. Want all the gorey details. I am not gonna cough it up just to get into a who is sicker fight.

Whew! I guess I needed to get that off my chest!

That normally is my standard response. "I am great! and you?" people dont tend to want to understand, and those who do will take the time to get past the first pat response that is always given to complete strangers and friends alike. Real friends will always poke a bit further.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (06-27-2008), Natalie8 (06-28-2008)