View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Coffee Bean ( I love the name!), I totally understand. So far I have not had a flare up, but I'm about to the have the hardware (plate and pin) removed from my left arm. My ortho doc and hand therapst feel that this is the only way I will gain more use of my hand. I know there's a chance my RSD will get worse. I've had numerous blood tests, a routine colon test with anesthesia, and x-rays with I.V. meds. They always use my "good" arm and a small needle. No flare ups with these procedures. I'll probably never ride a bike again, and I'm careful when I walk since a fall started all this. Can you find a local rsd support group? I'm new to this site, but you can definately find support here. Having a counselor to talk to might be a good idea. I agree with the others. Enjoy life the best you can. If you look around there is always someone more handicapped than you. When I start to feel sorry for myself that always happens. Also, my faith in God keeps me going. I look back at times and wonder why this has happened, but I know there is a reason. It makes me appreciate what I DO have. Hang in there. Susie
susieorr444 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote