View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxgal View Post
Curious if anyone else has this problem.

Under doctor's orders I have been walking everyday since February. This is to keep my legs strong and to help regain some balance that I seem to have lost with these never ending episodes of vertigo.

I have been walking the same distance, speed, terrain etc. and am up to an hour a day for the last 2 months. These are somewhat flat surfaces...not hills etc. I can not seem to pass this distance. I am not able to go further...In fact I noticed once the heat started my legs are screaming...the muscles do NOT like this exercise. Should I not be use to the distance etc. after 2 months? Anyone else have this problem?
Hello, I have found that walking makes the pain and numbness I feel in my feet and legs feel worse, how ever it does not keep me from doing it. I think working out really does help improve you mood. I have been swiming now for about 6 months I have gone from not being able to do one lap to doing 20 and I can now swim for 1 hour with out stopping, and the best part, it does not put any strain on my feet, legs, or hands. I would encourage anyone who can find a gym with a pool to try it. Good luck and keep on moving.
kemmy18058 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (07-08-2008), MelodyL (06-27-2008)