Thread: TV: Baby Borrowers
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with you guys on this exploiting of people especially kids for the sake of so called entertainment. Kid Nation was a rough one. I really don't understand why parents would let their kids partake in these shows. Who knows maybe they think they will get discovered.

I did like how one parent came in and helped the teens named Daton and Morgan. The dad came in and sat down and talked to them and also showed them how to interact with his child.

I thought that this would be an eye opener to teens about what it is like to be a parent but after watching it I don't know. Several times there was innappropriate language used and also alot of drama. I guess it goes back to the old adage of TV cannot raise our kids, we need to. Not only did I have many talks with my kids, I also encouraged them to babysit and get their fill of taking care of babies so they would get just enough of a taste to know how hard it really is.

Anyway here is a link to the shows website if anyone is interested...Sue

http://www.nbc.com/The_Baby_Borrowers/

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (06-27-2008)