View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Professional help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJmom
Here are the issues I am having, and then I will give you some background...
1. House training
2. Submissive peeing
3. Over protective
4. Snapping at any child other then my own
5. separation anxiety

Background...
My dog is 2.5 years old. She was a outside dog, never allowed inside. Her owner was a woman and her kids. When the couple split her husband brought the dog to the pound. We got her a few months ago. She is now a inside dog, and could not be happier with that
She has really become part of our family, however there are some issues I need to fix, or I will have to get rid of her. She will not go to the bathroom out side. I have tried everything! I will take her out every hour on the hour. We will stay out side for 15 min. I bring her in, and no more then 10 minutes later she pees on my floor. If I am home she will sometimes go out on my deck. I could live with that! But when we leave she will go all over the floor, couch, anything that she can. She will also get into the trash, and pull diapers out. I know she has separation anxiety since I am always home with her, and she follows me no matter were I go.
I also think that she was beat by her last owners. She will slump down and shake anytime my husband looks at her. He has never done anything to her, so it is unfounded fear. She will submissive pee anytime you walk in her direction faster then a slow walk.
She is also WAY over protective. I understand we are her family, but if anyone gets in between my 1 year old and her, she will growl, and snap. I know that she looks at him like he is her pup, but it is getting really bad. My friend will come over, and pick my son up, and the dog goes nuts! But this friend comes over all the time, almost every night.
She hates all kids but my kids. She will snap growl, and freak out at any kid that comes near her.
I don't know what to do! My husband says that even though he really likes her, if she keeps using the house for a toilet we have to get rid of her
I'm at my wits end! I know nothing about dogs. Please help!!!!
I think you need professional help. Even just establishing who is the dominant or head dog. (Forgive me) She is very mixed up right now and probably very unhappy hence the house soiling. She really doesn't know what is expected of her. Why not ask your vet about getting some professional help you you . Good Luck.

Billye