View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Numbness in the Face and side...

Hmmm... sounds MAYBE like it could be bells palsy??? - I came down with that, about a month and a half, before I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis; didn't know it, but bells palsy was actually only a "symptom" - not an actual cause of something, and that the bells palsy that I had in MY case, was a symptom of my neurological systems coming under attack, from the MS. Hmmm... very perplexing.

I know that my own internal medicine dr didn't notice the possibility for multiple sclerosis, when he diagnosed me with bells palsy, two may's ago. Is there any problem with your speech? Anything like that? Am just curious, as to what is causing the numbness on the side of your body, and your face...

-drewfuss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamgg View Post
Hi
I'm new to the forum.
I have just had a CT scan and MRI to look into why I am having persistent numbing on the left side of my mouth and face and that is now traveling down my arm and left leg. It seems to happen most when I'm standing up or walking around, although the residual feelings are there now all the time.
My brain looks fine. No evidence of stroke or tumor.
I'll be undergoing an EEG, and blood tests, but even the Neurolgist is perplexed. It started 5 days ago and getting worse.
Any ideas???
Thanks!
Drewfus21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote