View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I was started on the Neurontin the end of Aug when I was admitted to the hospital...I noticed a change in the pain that I was having about 2-3 days after starting the Neurontin when I was in the hospital...To be honest, almost felt like I did a complete 180!!! Seriously, I was able to start walking better on the leg that I had the RSD, wasnt really limping anymore, and could almost complete pressure on it...I mean, of course there was still pain present, but felt amazinly ALOT better...At discharge, my Dr continued me on the Neurontin..I have been taking it since...So, I guess to answer your question, "am I showing relief from the medication"?? Yes, I would say I am..But, what I am concerned about is, is it natural to be getting the pain else where in my body? Its just not in my foot/leg anymore..That is where the major pain is, and seems localized, but Im getting burning/stinging/shock like sensations other places throughout...So, is the Neurontin not doing its job that is should be?? See Im new at this whole RSD diagnoses, so Im still of course full of questions!!!

Im just curious to what type of questions ect I should bring up to my Dr when I see him on Monday...I mean of course, I know what to tell him as to what is going on with my body ect...But, as for different type of treatments, medications ect to talk to him about, Im not sure of...

Im still feeling as of right now, my goodness so much better than I was back in August!! The pain that I expierenced then, I cant even explain...Ive never expierenced such pain in my life!! Ive been through to this day 14 surgies...Including, 10 piliondial cyst surgies, 2 tonsilectomies, apendectomy, and lumbar laminectomy L5-S1 (being most recent...Aug, 06)...The pain that RSD, and everyone knows on this board what I am talking about is the most unbelievable pain ever imaginable..Being through numerous surgeries in my life, the RSD pain has been the worst..

Anyone with suggestions to help me out, so I can go in prepared to talk to my Dr...Greatly appreciated!!

--Heidi
hideej76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote