View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Call me a stinker for details

[COLOR="Navy"]
Great Idea!
But would it not help if we knew how these meds were used.

In my humble opinion, if we all posted our meds, from our memories, or notes, and put our switches and why, this would be the most helpful information to members new and old so we could decipher what might be best for our situation.

For instance, when I first got RSD, I worked my way up the ladder in pain meds until my cocktail of meds was at:

Neurontin started at a low dose...moved up...then tried down.
Trazodone
Methadone

Even though I had absolutely no movement in my fingers, wrist and had a frozen shoulder....my body was responding to SGB Blocks and I had 2 5 day continuous blocks which were done in the hospital. I went to PT and occupational therapy for 3 years. Off Methadone.

I'm now on:
Topomax
Trazodone (double dose of what I was taking before)
Clonidine

My Neurontin was dropped because I felt symptoms of "zombiness!" and Topomax is it's replacement.

The Clonidine was the med which was added when I was having increase pain, and searching for something to lower my pain levels. I actually started a thread such as this to search for something that was working for other members!

I started on the Clonidine patch and work like magic for me. Then after maybe 6-9 months, its effectivness wore off. My doctor and I decided to give the oral meds a whirl.

This year I believe I have had 4 blocks or epidurals to try to maintain my pain in both arms.
himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vintagewine (06-01-2015)