Thread: Iv-Ig treatment
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Ivig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbGuy View Post
I was wondering if I could get some hints or advise on what to do with the migraines after Iv-Ig treatments. I'll always get one 24 hours after I get the final treatment done. So far I've tried Tylenol and migraine Tylenol something or other, was another pill for migraines just can't remember. They just seem to get so bad that I can't open my eyes or my head feels like it's going to explode and when my eyes are shut my eyes want to pop out from the pain. The last time I had it done I also got pretty sick from the pain (but no one around so I suffered through it). I don't go till the middle of January for it, so any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I can handle many anymore of those migraines and be down for a week. Thanks a greatly appreciated.

MbGuy
Hello! I get migraines after IVIG no matter how much water I drink. The only thing that helps me is 100mg Imitrex. It will knock you out and make you sleep,but that is probably a good thing. I have gotten to the point that I take the Imitrex BEFORE the infusion is over to prevent the migraine. You might want to mention this to your doctor. The last thing we need are migraines to go along with the MG!!
Pepe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote