View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Chris, and thanks for dropping in.

I watched number of your video's, and really enjoyed seeing you in 'real life'. Somehow having a personal demonstration helps to understand, where written words wouldn't.

I'm intrigued and curious about a few things you talked about, so I hope you will be coming back to the forum.

I watched the "Chris formally introduces himself" video, and I loved your explanation of the various symptoms. I had a few a-ha moments, even 17+ yrs into this disease. I wanted you to know that I have experienced most of the symptoms you described, but have never seen or talked face-to-face (or face to video ) with anyone who can describe and name their symptoms so early in the game. It's only been a few years for you, really, but you have a lifetime of symptoms.

You said you use something for the itching, but I didn't catch the name?

I understand all the things you said you "miss", and I must admit you helped me to appreciate the simpler things in life. Every time I clean up after my dog, I will remember what you said.

You mentioned not being able to drink any more because you don't know what's going to happen. I miss being able to enjoy a few drinks too.

I found your comment about your appetite interesting. I have the EXACT problem, and although I have blamed the MS, I wasn't sure. Sometimes I do eat enough & well, but a lot of time I just eat because I can't sleep if I don't. BTW, I don't eat much red meat (haven't for years), but don't notice anything different when I do. What does it do to you?

What happened when you went on Tysabri? How long were you on, and when did you go off?

You said you had a bad exacerbation from Dec - Mar (?). Do you have spinal lesions? I have some wicked exacerbations from spinal lesions, and have recovered mostly at about the 3 month mark (more over the next 18 months). Is it possible that you would have seen this improvement in walking anyway, since you were just recovering anyway?

What other symptom improvements have you seen? Is there a particular video or blog I can read that summarizes that?

I am so glad to hear that something seems to be making a difference for you. Thanks for sharing your story, video and all.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-28-2008)