View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fat Chance!

Murray Charters used to say he could eat a tuna sandwich with no problem, but the minute you added a slab of cheese and turned it into a Tuna Melt he could be off for hours. I often eat low fat yogurt right after I've taken sinemet, and no problem. Ice cream has the sugar thing happening which is evil for my tremor. I buy the single size servings of things like yogurt, pudding and anything else that comes that way. I then have built in portion control.

Also, when eating, I think we have to consider our size. As a 5' 1" 120 lb female, I cannot eat a whole Tuna Sandwich without my meds being affected ( as I said I have figured out that I can get away with 250-270 calories per meal) But Murray was a 200 lb six foot tall man. He could burn that extra calorie load easily.

And yet another thought...mucuna being a natural food may have built in enzymes or other factors that we are not even aware of that helps it fit into the picture better. Don't forget they didn't even know about vitamins until the last century. And they are still discovering new ones!