Thread: Saw Dr. C today
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Saw Dr. C today

Well, I saw Dr. Centeno today...I asked him about restarting the Zanaflex and he gave me some samples of 2 mg capsules. I took one when I got home and again this evening; the first one put me out for a nice nap but the one I took this evening didn't even make me sleepy (I was kind of hoping it would!). It did help, though, I think, as I've been in a flare all week and mostly unable to type until tonight.

He also gave me some Cymbalta samples...if anyone has advice on that, I'm open to it! I'll take the first one in the morning.

We also discussed doing a myoblock injection, which he said is similar to a botox injection but uses myoblock instead of botox. Have any of you heard of it? Any experiences? He said it will wear off in about 2 1/2 months, so if it causes more pain I just wouldn't have another one...and should be a good indicator of whether or not surgery would help. Since I'm still recovering from cervical disc surgery, I'm going to wait until I have as much strength back in my other neck muscles as I can get, so if I lose the scalenes the others can compensate.

It's been such a rough week...I came away more encouraged than usual, with some new meds and treatment ideas.

I hope you're all doing well, and that the cold weather isn't causing too many problems! We had a bad snow storm here today, but tomorrow is supposed to be near 60, with 70s on the weekend. Colorado weather can be really crazy sometimes!

Take care...
Donna
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote