View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default next round of medical issues

Hi All
I've been around lurking for a while and have been really cranky. I've got some medical issues, none serious. The ankle is definitely better, finally. (Day 149) PT is helping and I have more mobility and gaining strength. I've started walking in place of band stretches for the ankle. Holding the bands hurts my hands. (No poetry intended) PT would rather I do the stretches, so I'm trying. I have moved from the easiest band up one level. Yay!

The down side of walking is severe back pain down the center of my spine and left side. What could it be? I had x-reays last week. It's believed to be muscle issues related to wearing the walking cast for 2 months. And walking lopsided with left side 2inches higher.

I start PT for my back in a week or so, not with ankle PT, but in the same place. I also got some flexeril and it has helped alot. I can feel when it wears off and am happy for some relief.

Oh, and they found a 7-mm calcium deposit in my right kidney. Yep, probably a kidney rock(stone). I go for an ultrasound in a week and a half. No pain from the kidney, yet.

I've also had allergy issues since I moved to OH last fall. So this week it's testing time.

The MS, lets see, it's flaring due to the heat and humidity and it's just turning summer here. Yuck! I'm not sure if it's a flare or pseudo so I've not called the doctor. I've thought about it though.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and planning fun stuff for the next.

's

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote