View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi.

I know her. She's not calling her cable company. She just wants to get a laptop, plug it in and go on the internet. She's 77 years old, still works but has never been on the internet. I can just see her getting on the phone with Cablevision and getting wireless routers.

So when she gets the laptop, I assume it will come with the necessary software and a built in modem. She'll call me up (this is assuming she didn't get one of her children to do this, but honestly, it's the grandkids who have the computers, not the children).

So I'll go over and we'll plug in the laptop to the electrical outlet (you have to plug this in right??) Don't want to waste the battery that's inside it.

So after we plug it in, I'll just bring up whatever internet provider software that she has already loaded on the laptop. Then we'll set up her account.

She doesn't need to involve cablevison, or anything like that, or get a router, right??

All she needs is to plug in her laptop, turn it on, bring up the internet software and create the account and go online....right??

Please tell me I'm right.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote