Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Annie! Glad you are here!

You mention that you've started exercising? Are you or have you been thru a physical therapist? The reason I ask is that I've kind of [no, more like often] started over w/PT more than once since my onset 3+ years ago [for various reasons]. I've found that with the help of a good PT person, they can give you a 'workout' but you have to speak up when you're getting to that point where the pain lasts longer than the rewards. Also guiding you to do all the exercises just right for the best benefit. As I put it to my PT, don't forget I'll be driving home after this...you don't want to learn about my being in 'pieces' from overdoing. So, the routine worked out for me was bits of each kind of building exercise, switching to another before getting overtired. Then building a bit more each time. The last round really worked! My balance and walking was far better since before and I felt great!

Hardest part about it all is the lack of structure once the PT is done. We have to be VERY careful and consious of our approach to these exercises that can increase our ultimate comfort and strength. The more we do, the more we can do!

Good thoughts! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote