Thread: Totally Ot
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dabbo, I've caught the last half-hour of Invincible twice, my wife has it saved on the DVR for me...I never used to like Mark Wahlberg but his roles the past few years have really grown on me. And my daughter's taken to removing her own diaper several times the past few days(that started long ago after learning sign language for "diaper") Luckily she's not had an accident yet at home. She's ready for potty training and it'll be nice not
I built up a used Trek 1200c 2 summers ago. Great relaxed riding position, where we live it's a lot of hills. I like climbing and I'm not the speed addict I used to be. The 23mm slick tires it came with were wicked fast but got replaced quickly with some wider, more stable tires and a 13-34 cassette to handle our 20%+ grades around here. It's a huge 63cm frame so it really takes some attention to balance, but easy to ride at the same time. I didn't get more than a few hundred miles on it before hanging it up.http://www.roadbikereview.com/mfr/tr...4_5668crx.aspx
I also have a HEAVY cro-moly steel Gary Fisher Mambo mountain bike I used on Yosemite fire roads and as an all-rounder. Really takes a lot more effort to ride on the street than the Trek though.
I wish companies paid as much attention to desk/ergonomic setup as reputable bike shops do to the bikes they sell their customers.

I just got my "NoHands" footmouse in the mail today, haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Looks like it may work out really well though.

MtnMom, my wife and I have been hooked on the TdF for 5-6 years, myself since I was a kid(7-11 team days). The past few years I've been hooked on both the early morning Phil & Paul coverage, and the later edited coverage with commentary added by Bobke and Al Trautwig. (I'd tape the early morning segments that ended at 6:30 and bring them to work to play in the background). Bob Roll has an amazing story of how he got into cycling initially, and his early days competing in Europe subsisting from race to race. I lived around the area he grew up/trained in so some of his stories really come to life for me. We saw him in person at the Tour of California when it came through Sacramento this year. My wife happened to have an ultrasound scheduled that day just blocks from the finish so we hung out to see Tom Boonan's stage win and Mario Cipollini's last podium finish. We had good spots on the finish line and we both weren't feeling too well so we stayed put and didn't walk around. Wound up in good position for the circuit finish and jersey presentations. It wasn't until that night that we figured out where the Versus truck was (around the corner). I would have liked to stop in on them as it was a slow day on the tour.

I don't "see" the bikes in the garage anymore...not like my piano 14 years ago...I had to give that away along with the bikes I had at that time, couldn't have them around and not use them...
marabunta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote