Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you Mrs. D :hug:

I appreciate your thoughtful reply. I really do.

One of my fears is that this is RSD. I'm not sure if my pain is severe enough, I don't know. Many RSDers have been telling me it sounds like it. My doctor, Dr. Oaklander at Mass General whom I saw a few weeks ago, said she doesn't think it's RSD but small-fiber polyneuropathy. I'm going to see an anesthesiologist/pain doc at another hospital on Tuesday. He specializes in diagnosing and treating RSD/CRPS so his second opinion should be helpful.

My PCP also advised me to make an appt. with a rheumatoid-ologist (sp?). I'll do that tomorrow. My bloodwork looked normal for rheum. arthritis, but my Lupus result was an 8 and I guess the top of normal is 7.5.

My foot ankle doctor, the last time I saw him on 6/13 said whatever I have going on is "highly unusual," and he said, "to offer you some guidance, the next step will probably be an MRI of your brain and entire spine."

My neuro hasn't mentioned this. I asked her about the MRI in an email last Wed. but haven't heard back.

This is just a scary time for me. That's all there is to it. I'm trusting God and doing my best to do the next right thing. Your advise and support (and that of everyone here) is like a life line.

Thank you.
KrisC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote