View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Benefits of Benefiber!!!!

Let me tell you a funny story.

Oh, I haven't EVEN TAKEN THE BENEFIBER YET. But this is to show you how my mind works.

Two days ago I didn't feel right. NOTHING FELT RIGHT, if you get my drift. That's why, when I had to buy my next magnesium pill, I purchased the Malic Acid, because one of the side effects can be LOOSE STOOLS. When Mrs. D told me that in a post, I responded with 'HEAVEN'.

Haven't gotten them yet, just ordered them two days ago.

So I didn't feel like myself, couldnt' go to the bathroom in a normal way, felt OFF MY GAME, if you get my drift. It's not the most comfortable way to feel, believe me, and I gather most of you have had this happen to you at one time or another.

As a matter of fact, the nurse who calls me every three months to check on my diabetes, well, I asked her 'do diabetics have constipation problems?" and she responded "honey, EVERYBODY I SPEAK TO HAS CONSTIPATION PROBLEMS".

I can't eat fruit the way Alan eats fruit (he goes twice a day by the way and his stomach has NEVER BEEN BETTER).

I do eat my salads and my veggies, but obviously I have not been getting enough fiber in my diet. I did have a bran muffin (home made) but I believe that upped my sugar so that's a no no for me.

I had to resort to a saline you know what to make sure I wasn't backed up and it worked great and I felt fine, but what does one do the next time one has to go???.

So my friend who was just out of the hospital and is a diabetic, her doctor told her to use BENEFIBER. So I said "if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me".

Last night I took two stool softeners before retiring. Hadn't bought the Benefiber yet. This morning after we returned from Dunkin Donuts I did 'GO" but not like I wanted to GO, if you know what I mean (I'm trying to be delicate while speaking about an INDELICATE subject.

So I go to the drugstore and the pharmacists explains all about Benefiber (he takes citrucel every day by the way,) and he drinks 2 liters of water every day. He said 'if you don't drink the water, NOTHING WORKS". I HAVE NOT BEEN DRINKING ANY 2 LITERS OF WATER EVERY DAY, that much I know.

Well I bought myself a bottle of water, I purchased the Benefiber. I drank the bottle of water, and was planning on going home and mixing the Benefiber with another glass of water.

Well, I practically didn't make it to my house.

I gather the stool softeners from last night finally kicked in.

I went and let's just say, I have a new outlook on life today.

I am going to read up on Benefiber. I have it in my house. I don't know whether to take it before bedtime, in the morning, WHEN DOES ONE TAKE THIS?? I do know i have to drink the water. Don't worry. I'll do this.

If I can get my stomach to work like it did this morning (and I have not taken any laxatives or anything) so, for me, I'm content.

But oh my god, isn't it funny, that I purchased the benefiber and didn't even have to take it.

All I can say is AMEN!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote