View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Here is a site that I think....

I'd put in the 'stickies' but you should read..
http://telemedicine.org/stamford.htm

Read the introduction then go to diabetic neuropathies on this site...the intro IS important about explaining what all could be going on with your nerves and your skin....
Because your nerves aren't working right? Other aspects aren't either and ergo the itching like crazy! I get it in fits and starts and usually slather on lots of moisturizing lotions to keep the skin happy and keep the itching at bay. If it gets worse? First see your GP or Neuro...whoever is treating you for the diabetes and if that gets you nowhere see a dermatologist. There are a menu of topical anti-histamine or steroid lotions/ointments that are useful in treating whatever is going on. BUT be sure to see that docs are working in concert regarding possible reactions to any other meds you are on for other issues.
I've found the unscented lotions with the fewest ingredients are usually the simplist and best to deal with problems safely. I sure hope this helps...
Gotta admit tho...I'm feeling a bit itchy rite now! Power of suggestion? - j

PS Jarrett? You know, KNOW that scratching isn't gonna make that danged itch go away! Even tho it's SOOO hard NOT TO scratch!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote