View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I posted in Spinal forums

As soon as I read your replies, I immediately went and posted in the Spinal Forums. no reply yet. Last time I posted it took one week before someone answered but then all the replies came in. They are very nice over there.

So hope all of you are feeling good today.

Now, let me tell you about Alan's experience with Requip.

Alan has been taking 0.5 and a half of an 0.5 of xanax before retiring. That adds up to 0.75 if my math is correct. Sometimes the xanax works and sometimes it doesn't. usually it takes a long time to kick in but when it does, Alan finally drifts off (afer a massage from me that leaves my hands killing me), or the magnassager. But there always has to be some kind of massage along with the xanax (and putting tiger balm on him).

Well, last night he took the 0.5 of the Requip. No massage, no tiger balm, no nothing. We are laying in bed and talking softly and in tweny minutes or so, he just rolled on his side and went to sleep. Except for getting up to pee once or twice in the middle of the night (don't worry, his prostate is fine and numbers are normal, he probably drank something before bedtime), he had the best sleep of his night.

He woke up and i asked him about the tingling and went "absolutely no tingling", I was amazed. We should have done this 5 years ago (was requip around 5 years ago??).

He said "i"m taking this until I see my neurosurgeon". If he can help me and I have a procedure, I don't want to be on any more drugs for my neuropathy. It's enough that I'm on plavix and altace, metoprolol:"

I understand where he's coming from because my goal is go get off lantus and I'm slowly achieving it.

So let's hope that when Alan goes and sees the neuro guy, the guy says he can help Alan by doing a procedure, and Alan will not be in neuropathy pain any more. he's had it for 15 years and he goes "That's enough".

One can only hope and pray.

So now I am going to teleport myself out of here.

Happy flying......

melody
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote