View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What sort of physical therapy are you doing? If it hurts, then the therapist should be told, and something else tried. When I did PT, it involved myofascial massage, ultrasound treatments, some almost chiropractic type manipulation of my spine, and strengthening exercises. The ultrasound actually helped a lot.

Are you just getting an MRI now, or did you have one 3 years ago when you were injured? Without that MRI, they really don't know whether you've got a herniated disk or not. Hopefully the MRI will show what the source of your pain actually is.

What country are you in? It doesn't sound like the medical system I'm used to, so I'm not sure what your options actually are. When I first had a herniated disk, it took a year to finally get surgery done, but that was because of all the hoops the insurance company made me go through. When it happened a second time, my GP made sure that the insurance company knew there was a problem, so I got treatment much more quickly. That said, surgery did not completely heal me. I will also be a spinal patient, but I am able to function.

Good luck to you,

Kay
supernova_krose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (09-05-2011)