View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My husband and I both have sleep apnea. We started on CPAP last June, but I was unable to continue after about four months because I was getting less sleep than before. (I fought with that darn mask continually!) My husband is still doing well. He has a full-face mask and does sleep on his back, but I used the nasal masks or nasal pillows and could sleep on my sides.

On July 28, I'm having nose surgery to have my deviated septum repaird. I am also having a relatively new procedure called a somnoplasty. This surgery is a simple procedure in which lesions are burned into the soft palate or tongue. The lesions then heal and pull the tissue tighter, reducing the soft tissue falling back in the throat which causes snoring and apnea.

The procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis, but since I'm having the nose surgery, I'm having both at the same time. Supposedly, the recovery time is much shorter and there is a lot less pain from the procedure.

You might want to check on this with your doctor, especially if you find that you can't tolerate CPAP (or Bi-Pap.)

I just doubled the value of my SUV! I filled the tank up with gasoline.

(That used to be an insult to the vehicle. Now it's a sad commentary on the price of gasoline!)
Shashi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote