Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Dear Pamster,

Your talk of exercise and being careful / mindful about diet inspired me.

Aww thanks Mari, you made my day today with this comment. We're still being careful on our diet and working out and walking daily. But not actively juicing much anymore, I bought some chocolate protien powder and we make chocolate shakes out of that with milk in the blender I just got for five bucks at the thrift store.

My sister has a Magic Bullet. (Her husband saw it advertised on TV and decided he wanted one.) When I visited two years ago, I thought it was the coolest thing. It is handier than the juicer that we have. She uses it to make breakfast smoothies for him.
(I just looked up the price! Nevermind.)

I just saw one that was missing a ring for one of the cups on our local freecycle list, I didn't want it though because our juicer is fine, though I admit we've not been using it much, I have gone over two weeks with no juice because the darn thing is a pain to wash up. It's like the honeymoon with it is over. Still I think I will get back to it soon, it's just such great juice. I use a toothbrush to clean the blade thing up. It works okay, but still it's time consuming to wash it off, the rest is easy to clean but the blade, UGH! No fun...

Before I moved into this apt I got rid of a crappy juicer because I wasn't using it and hubby didn't like it. Well, it was difficult to use anyway.
Then about 6 months ago hubby had a kind of hypomanic moment (he gets these -- I don't know how else to describe them) and bought a big juicer at Sams that is too much trouble. He has used it about 5 times. Meanwhile it sits and takes up a lot of space on the counter top.

Ditto, our juicer is just taking up space on the counter now...

I wish that the juicers were self-cleaning, or at least easy to wash via dishwasher. As it is, cutting up the veggies/ fruit already is a hassle.

. . . 'don't know why I am complaining I'm just wishing it were easier to deal with those machines. Maybe you found a way that works and you can share some secrets.

Take care!

Mari

If I find a better way to stick with it I will definitely share tips.