View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

Sounds very familiar. This is the merry-go-round of alcholism. People who I have known in my life who are much younger than I am have had their lives cut short directly from the use and abuse of alcohol.

I heard in the past year or so of two women, BOTH were my roommates for a short while have passed away. I can't say from what I witnessed with them that I'm surprized though.

They were both locked in the grip of alcohol addition and it was running their lives. I myself had stopped when I knew them and I also knew the incideousness of the beast. I watched them go through their antics, their self deception, their physical deterioration, their night terrors, it is a horrible thing to watch and be around.

Yet, since I had been there and knew what they were going through I knew there wasn't anything I could say or do to make them stop. They had to want to stop on their own. Only thing I could do was give them food and water and try to get them into bed so they could sleep. But once they had rested and got hydrated a bit then they were off running again.

Some people just NEVER get it. They are mentally incapable of seeing what is happening to them. Alcohol is incidious and trecherous and always there waiting for these people. I know how it feels.

It will take ONE very Negative experience to make them stop or at least want to stop. The use and abuse of alcohol will give you 3 things without a doubt. The nuthouse, jail and and early death. I have seen it happen over and over and over again.

But with all the trouble it caused me I was one of the lucky ones. I SAW where it was heading and did stop on my own. It was SO hard but I did it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (06-30-2008), GladysD (06-30-2008), MelodyL (06-30-2008)