View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The type of physio they got me to do was pulling my legs around, giving me exercises to do at home which were the same and that was it pretty much.

Unfortunately, they practised on me before I'd even had an x-ray or MRI which I think they should've done before they messed with my back as they could've been doing more harm than good, which is why I decided to give it up. Pain to me means that it's making it worse. My body is telling me and I listen to my body a lot.

I had the MRI in May this year. The GP (I don't think they know what they are doing most of the time) referred me to physio before I had even had any investigations like x-rays or MRI. Basically they were going in blind which is unprofessional to me. The first thing a GP or physio should do is order investigations like x-rays, MRIs, etc before touching a patient.

The last physio (who was a different physio) I saw ordered the MRI and my GP (after I had constantly nagged him) sent me for an x-ray in November 2007.

I'm in the UK. The health system here is confusing as they never tell you what is happening. They told me I was on the waiting list to see a consultant which I thought was good at long last, after three and a half years of being ignored by my GP and now I'm seeing another physio (I will have seen three different physios but not a consultant still). They lied to me in effect. I'm not seeing a consultant as far as I know, it's another physio. I feel like I can't be bothered with my back anymore as they don't care about their patients and I feel ignored by the whole healthcare system.

Would I be able to get compensation for this ignorance and negligence on my GPs part?

Will I have permanent nerve damage? Will anything completely get rid of it?

So many questions are floating around my head, it's frustrating as I have had this long enough to be seeing a consultant, right?
Pabloh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote