View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Liza Jane,
I had the preceding MRI of the lumbar spine in Dallas in Jan. The Impression from it was: Shallow bulge L5-S1, Facet degenerative changes L5-S1 with Grade 1 spondylolisthesis at L5-S1. This is important. YOu had spondylolithesis on films where you weren't even bending. Spondylolithesis irritates the nerves going down because they are stretched.

The x-rays done in Feb of the lumbar spine were done at the facility here (same place where the MRI I am questioning is) say:Were these xrays done with you BENDING?
There is generalized osteopenia. This can be associated with an inflammatory arthrides like rheumatoid arthritis. Intervertebral disk degenerative changes are present at T12-L1, L1-2 and L5-S1. There is also extensive facet hypertrophy at L3-4 through L5-S1 most pronounced at
L5-S1. This is confirmed by your mri, in as much as this is where you have nerve impingement. If there is clinical concern for underlying disk herniation, canal stenosis or neural foraminal encroachment, MRI is recommended, specifically to evaluate T12-L1, L1-2 and L5-S1.Were these done? There is concern, and athey should have been done.

If they had this x-ray information, why doesn't the MRI make notes of all this damage? Is there a reason not to? Seems the Mri was only very limited of the sacrum. And not all readings are well done. I've read the sloppiest reports on my mris from the doctrs at the place that does them. Then I've brought them to radiolgoists at the hospital who re-read them, with much clearer more detailed reports.

Billye

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote