View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back in the hospital

...I am in the one my neuro is at--he is in the only group in town, and only 2 hospitals in town have neuro coverage

The current reasoning behind not doing anything yet is that he doesn't believe that a mildly abnormal SFEMG proves it is MG...I'm trying to get him and the Hopkins docs to talk. He just doesn't feel comfortable treating someone who aspirates with immunosuppressant without "proof", and in his experience the SFEMG is grossly positive (not just a few fibers) in someone with MG..he agrees that the Hopkins docs may be comfortable treating me (Richmond is a very conservative town)

So needless to say I'm still totally frustrated...I want desperately to be doing something that will get me better

Neuro and Pulm are pointing fingers again because my peak flow is low (asthma) and my VC is low--it is becoming a chicken and egg story

I will look up Dr. Audrey Penn--I was already evaluated by the neuroimmunology branch there--all they said is it is not MS, maybe MG, or something else

I;m trying to keep a positive attitude--my husband brought me my computer and a verizon wireless adapter, so I'm a little better now
eeyore2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote