View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb My son is ADD + anxiety....

But we had no bipolar or conduct disorder to deal with.

The ADD and anxiety responded to EFAs and some nutrients, enough so that my son could stop using Ritalin and Clonidine (which he had for 5 years). We could stop the Ritalin in 9th grade.

High school was tough for him, see the post below from Bizi, on Thomas Szasz. (I have some details there) I was just going to remove it when I saw this.

I had to deal with alot of his anger and resentment towards other kids in high school. He used to wait up for me when I worked nights, and we'd have a little session, where he could vent and I could help him with reframing.

I see you live in Flint? Actually there? or in nearby Grand Blanc? My husband sometimes has to commute there for
audits, and we used to have an aunt who lived there. Today however, Flint is so economically depressed, that there must be alot of hassels with the kids, and other discipline issues in the school.

I can't see any school in Flint being adequate even or worth staying in. Not the way Flint is today.

I think now that you are into major problems, this solution will be more difficult than say if you began in middle school, with interventions.

I don't know how to advise you since there are many factors here. Firstly, I'd have several conversations, to see what your son's goals are...does he realize that no education means poor future? If he feels so out of control, he most likely will need some counseling.

Ulcers do not come from stress. They are infections, by H. pylori most commonly. So there may be some organic problems which make him feel sick, and then that leads to being impaired in school, and it snowballs into a huge issue, when in fact the trigger is something else.

Ulcers in the upper duodenum can often happen when people use NSAIDs for pain or aspirin. This is the classic burn area when the stomach empties. My mother and my neighbor both had semi-fatal bleeds in that location.

In our case, the most important thing for my son, who was always rather reactive and hard to focus was communication.
I didn't realize how much we were doing it until he left for college and it became very quiet around here! LOL I can laugh about it now, but I realize his nightly talks were very draining on ME ...but also very HELPFUL for him.

I hope you find a good doctor for the ulcers.
Other causes of GI problems can also be traced to gluten intolerance (as well as the ADD problems), so you may want to research our Gluten forum stickies for links. Changing diet for ADD is often very helpful to remove foods that cause
CNS irritation.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-30-2008), Vowel Lady (07-18-2008)