Old 10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Media manipulation manipulates the manipulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsen View Post
received an email from a friend whose husband has PD asking my opinion of the discussion of MJF (and the infamous campaign ad) on the Today show day before yesterday--that even Matt Lauer castigated Michael for deliberately manipulating his medications to appear dyskinetic.....anyone else see this ? madelyn
I didn't see it but I read something about it on the Internet this morning. Then I saw on a different news show that Michael should not allow himself to be manipulated by the politicians. So I fired off this email, which I'm going to just copy here as its faster:

---
The idea that MJF is being manipulated is ridiculous. The public is having great difficulty accepting what Parkinson's really looks like.

He didn't overdose his meds for the ad. Living with Parkinson's is a continuous challenge of not having too little or too much med in your system. It depends upon a variety of things - how much you ate, what you ate, how much sleep, how much stress. Over time you start losing the battle and that is where MIchael is right now.

The public is used to ignoring people like Michael.

----end of email

Well people - as the saying goes - "in your face". DBS is the only choice with the halt of GDNF. Someone needs to call Amgen and remind them that , quite possibly, relief of those torturous movements and discomfort is sitting on their shelf as they selfishly hoard it until a larger profit can be made.

Sorry I strayed a little off topic.
Paula
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote