Old 06-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloh View Post
Hi, everybody. I'm 20 and find that menstrual time is uncomfortable and difficult and gets in the way of my everyday life. I haven't started working as of yet and don't think I'd be able to cope as I'd have to have at least five days off every three weeks.

I have heard of a pill called Lybril (or something like that) that stops menstruation temporarely until you come off it and would find this helpful as my menstruation really gets me down and is painful.

Could anyone recommend a treatment or have heard of this pill?

Thanks in advance for any advice and experiences regarding any treatments.
Lybril or other long duration birth control pills like Seasonale, work for some women. However, for some others they may not be a good idea. So you have to discuss this with your doctor.
If you smoke, they may not be a good idea for you.
Also if you have any clotting disorders, or other hormone issues such as PCOS, you may not be a candidate.

Discuss this with a good OB-GYN doctor.
It seems fairly common today, for young women to have frequent periods. You should get a good check up and have your Iron tested, before considering a long duration birth control pill.

There is a connection between estrogen dominance and thyroid malfunctions. Also heavy bleeding, suggests you are not ovulating, and making progesterone for the last half of your cycle.
Your OB can run blood tests to see if this is a factor for you. Then you go from there with treatment.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote