View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, I just got off the phone with the young man who is in the hospital. He had been extremely verbally abusive to his mother, (I didn't get this one bit), I asked if it would be okay to call him (I've spoken to him before).

I called him and he was extremely polite to me (He is NOT this way to his parents). I asked him "why do you curse your mother and treat her like a piece of dirt, why do you do this"? He replied "you don't know her you only hear HER version of stuff, she's unstable, she cries all the time, I can't take it when she cries".

I said 'She is very worried about you, this is your 4th time in the hospital, these are your parents, can't you understand that?" He was adamant. I said "would you ever consider going into rehab?" and he said:

"That is absolutely not for me, I am NOT interested in anyone else's problems, I went to a few AA meetings and all they talk about is their problems, I have to do this ON MY OWN!!

I said "but that doesn't work now does it??" He just went on and on about how he can't do rehab and he doesn't believe in AA and he wants to do this on his own, etc. etc.

He had no respect for his parents. His father went straight to the hospital after finding out that he cursed the mother. They had a fight, words and curses were exchanged and the father left. Now they all swear they are never calling him again, and won't go visiting him.

Then my friend just called me (I'm still reeling over this one), and said:

"Melody, I know that my son doesn't want me there and that he doesn't respect me, but he's alone and he needs me". I said "do you hear yourself?? he has a girlfriend, she's there, he specifically cursed you and told you not to come, why do you want to do this to yourself".

And she went: 'But I know he doesn't mean this".

Oh my god.

Nothing I can do. Someone needs to be hit over the head with a hammer. She drinks and I told her "the best thing you can do is get clean and sober yourself and go to AA"

She said "no, I can't, I have to cope with all of this".

Quite Sad, all of this drama in their lives.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY