View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Some time ago, I did ask her that very question. She is in therapy and her therapist actually told her 'give Melody a break and stop calling her'. lol

When I asked her "can you just try and not drink tonight?" she responded.

"Sure I can, but I don't want to, this is how I cope with my son's alcoholism". I didn't say a word and she said:"yeah, I know, it sounds stupid, but it numbs me and I don't feel the pain".

I told her she must learn better coping mechanisms because this one's a killer. I just found out she's been drinking A LONG TIME. Not like the son, but quietly at night in her room, a few bottles of wine. To her, that's not a problem.

Who am I to tell someone they have a problem, if THAT PERSON DOESN'T ADMIT IT TO THEMSELVES'???

She's been to Al-anon with her husband and the husband looked around and said 'we don't belong here, these people are crazy".

So basically she has no one, her son's in the hospital, she has a lousy marriage, and no family.

What a lousy deal.

I gave her the best advice. Go to AA and straighten yourself out. I told him the same.

If they do it, God bless them. If they don't, God Bless them.

And I do thank you for listening. I really wanted to do all I could and I believe I have.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (07-01-2008), Wiix (06-30-2008)