Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Megs
sorry to hear of what you are going thru

my 16yo son has Crohn's (dx this past summer) and, because of his also haveing Tourette Syndrome, the std meds are not suitable for him (corticosteroids are contraindicated in TS) plus he has a history of extreme med sensitivity

anyway, we have him on an alternative treatment plan that has been truly remarkable! My MIL has RA and she too has started to use some of the anti-inflammatory supplements (eg boswellin/curcumin, white willow bark, flaxseed oil, ginger, garlic, capcycin etc) and it is proving beneficial for her as well (and she has tried every RA med available!)

Remicade was suggested for my son at one point, but when we read the potential side effects we decided to pursue this other route and sure are glad we did!

We are also following the dietary recommendations in The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin, who also suffered severely with Crohn's at one time in his life

anyway, sure hope you find a treatment plan that can work for you, and if you need any more info on our treatment plan, dont hesitate to ask

In the meantime (((hugs))) cos I understand how you are feeling!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote