View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Mari, I will repost in the other and see what happens. I would rather he got his diploma as opposed to his GED. His summer class is only six weeks for 3 hours a day, 4 days a week one class. He had the second but just couldn't hack it. At this rate he will be doing summer school for the rest of his life lol.

Mrsd we live in Flint but because his dad lives in Carman Ainsworth school district my son goes there. I would have tried to get him in there through school of choice anyway. He started in FLint but as he got a little older I was quick to get him out. He has a therapist and takes medication and qualifies as an IEP student though he does not outright take any real special education classes except for a study skills class because he is not really learning deficient. He is capable. It is hard to explain. As for his stomach, yes he was taking an antibiotic, Doxycycline for like 2 years for his skin and his new skin doctor just took him off of it because he was showing signs of toxicity and his doc who did the upper GI said that may have been the cause we will wait and see. He is full aware of what no education means and that is not the life he wants. It is the pressure, the crowds, the chaos, the bullies, the racial intolerance, the unfairness when it comes to authority figures, I know the teachers and principals have final word but I have seen the unfairness first hand. It is all too much and he has a tendency to take it personally.

There is more but I am getting back to this after midnight and am in a lot of pain so I am getting off of the puter. Thank you for your input.

Uh Duh on me lol, MrsD, I just read the small print on your post and realized who you were lol. Wow I had no idea you were so close. I have read many of your posts on BT which is where I usually am.

I know exactly what you mean about those evening talks. Often when he was supposed to be going to bed he would come to my room and lay on my bed and we would just talk about everything, and laugh. Yes it is often draining and always past bedtime but I let him do it because I knew he needed it and I always wanted to keep those lines of communication open. Now he calls me all the time when he is upset, happy, has new news, beat a game, heard a funny joke, is bored or just to see what I am doing. He knows he can tell me anything. He is exhausting to be around but never boring lol.

Last edited by houghchrst; 06-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-01-2008)